Monday, March 1, 2010
3:27 AM by Problemfixer · 0 comments
A fight berween Terry and Bridge getting worse. Within minutes of Wayne Bridge's refusal to shake the Chelsea captain's hand on Saturday, Bridge supporters in Fabio Capello's squad were sending BlackBerry "group" messages to each other on their phones, including: "In your face JT. Bridge means business now. It's war." Others said: "Go on Team Bridge. Bridge, you're a legend."
Terry's phone kicking came after Bridge's very public snub to Terry over his affair with Vanessa Perroncel, Bridge's ex-girlfriend and mother of his child. Bridge, 29, at first made it look as if he was going to shake hands with his former best friend in the line-up before the match, their first meeting since Terry's affair with Perroncel became public. Then, in a move designed for maximum humiliation, he pulled away.
Bridge put domestic problems well behind him later with a slap-up night out in London's clubland organised by Shaun Wright-Phillips. It all got worse for Terry. At fault for City's first goal, he and Chelsea let slip a 1-0 lead for their heaviest home league defeat in eight years as they were beaten 4-2 by Manchester City.
Terry, sporting a new mohican hair cut, was still raging as he left Stamford Bridge, while Bridge was held aloft in the City dressing room, his team-mates telling him: "We did it for you."Craig Bellamy, who scored twice, did not hold back after the game as he said: "Nothing surprises me about John Terry."
A source close to Bridge said: "Some England players were congratulating Wayne for making a stand. It's far from over. There is a backlash against Terry in the England squad. Bridge is a nice guy and they think it's out of order he's not going to South Africa because of Terry. There is division. It could destroy the group."
eNews & Updates
Sign up now to receive breaking news from our website!
- NCAA Basketball tournament 2010 scores - March Mad...
- Oscar Nominees For Best Actor and Actress (7th Mac...
- Zulkifli Nordin Sacks
- Election in Iraq
- Earthquake Cin CHile: Situation Cooling Down
- Iraqi-Americans to vote in Iraq’s election
- Chile Earthquake- Why Less Damage?
- Mexico vs New Zealand Result
- Chile Earthquake- Donation Raise
- Malaysia Politics: More PKR MP Leave
- Chile Earthquake: Tsunami Alarm Should Be Improved...
- PlayStation 3 -Fixed
- Contestant Dancing With the Stars' 2010
- Earthquake Chile-Losses Exceed USD8 Billion
- John Terry Vs Wayne Bridge
- TSUNAMI Alert in Hawaii
- ▼ March (16)